I’m so glad that I survived my sophomore year of high school… Since the school is done, now it’s the time to chill and have fun!
Looking back, I feel like I wasted all of my summers by doing nothing. I obviously travel a lot and get to see beautiful places for like a week or two, then come home and just do nothing. This year, I’m planning on changing that and I thought I would share my ideas in case you feel the same way!
- Studying for important tests: Okay, I know you’re like wtf Jess, school’s done and you’re talking about tests??!?!? Well, unfortunately, if you’re a student, you will have to take tests until the end of your education life… I’m talking about exams like SAT, ACT etc. For example me, I’m gonna have to get prepared for both Turkish and American tests and that’s gonna be hard, excluding the school exams, so it will be a lot easier if I start studying for the SAT from now, does that make sense?
- Shadowing: I think summer is a great opportunity if you have difficulties deciding on your career. For example, let’s say you want to be an editor but you have second thoughts about it, you can ask an editor to bring you to his/her workplace, so that you know how they spend a day, and decide if you can do the same.
- Volunteering: In my opinion, volunteering is just fun. You get to meet a lot of awesome people, gain experience, and learn new skills, not to mention the feeling of satisfaction of being helpful and the benefits to get into a college or a job!
- Planning cheap vacations: Jess, we want to have fun! Okay, what is better than going on a vacation with friends or family, seeing and exploring a new place or doing traditional things in places you always go? Well, I have gained traveling and planning vacations skills over years 😛 and I’ll be happy to share them in another post!
- Exploring your own city: I’m a tourist in my very own city, when you go to a new city, you want to see all the beautiful places, but when it comes to where you live, you’ve just never been curious, #relatable? I’m not talking about touristic places like museums and stuff, a town that you’ve never been to, drinking coffee at a cute cafe that you’ve never heard of, shopping from local stores, admiring the architecture and the art might be the ultimate holiday, throwing a little tip here, if you just walk around not knowing where you go, you may discover awesome places like I did this school year, and you just learn how to go back home!
- Music Festivals: Music festivals are another way to spend time with friends, meet new people and just have fun, there are a lot of festivals for food, coffee etc. but music is just my thing.
- Courses and classes: You want to learn a new language? Learn how to code? How to take nice photos? What are you waiting for? Summer is amazing for doing all these things, I believe you can find free classes in your area.
- Get fit: I hate hot and very sunny weather, but not gonna lie, it motivates me to be healthier. I’m planning on going to the gym, do some laps in the olympic pool like when I was a swimmer and just have fun at the sea with my friends later on!
I hope you have a productive and amazing summer full of fun! I’ll let you know if I’ll fail or achieve my summer goal! Pls do the same!